We went to Ok. City yesterday for the National USTRC team roping championship. Levi did well but in the 3rd of 4 rounds his teammate missed the steer. I got to see my highschool friend Amy, who lives in Oklahoma City. It was sooooo nice to see Amy. She is happily married and we had fun catching up with each other. Jocelyn loved seeing the horses and was quite active which is a challenge in a dirty stadium/arena area! She did very well overall. Traveling in the car was difficult at times but her children's CDs help a ton! :)
We got to go to our neighbor and former landlord's cabin in the hill and watch flaming pumpkins fly through the air last night. He does this annually and it was fun to meet his friends/be entertained by the contraption he has put together for the pumpkin throw.
This morning the time changed. I knew that but still ended up at church early! I knew our atomic clocks had changed time and forgot that the kitchen clock didn't reset itself. I hurried to get Jocee ready and got out the door. My car's clock was the same as the kitchen clock so I didn't notice my goof until I drove into the church's parking lot and realized there were very few cars there. I actually thought to myself, wow, this time change has messed up the first service today! After a second, I realized that no, I was early and everyone else was correct! Well, it was better than being late and missing the service!
Levi has started the hunting season. He has gotten a doe with his bow. He went pheasant hunting today out in Logan, KS. My season of being a hunting widow has begun :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey Julie! Sounds like you guys have been having some fun. :)
No I have not read The Shack, although I've heard it is well worth reading. It's on my list of ones that I would like to read for sure.
Post a Comment