Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lessons from Fiction

I love to read Christian Fiction. My favorite authors are: Janette Oke, Lori Wick, Tracie Peterson, Francine Rivers, and Karen Kingsbury

In re-reading a book from Janette Oke called "The Measure of a Heart" I read a quote that spoke to me on page 214 "Give God you...All of you. Just as He made you." As my friends are nearing or are in their 30s I have begun to hear alot of talk about how you really KNOW yourself in your 30s. I desire to know myself so well that I operate in the giftings God has given me smoothly and comfortably. I don't want to second guess what I am supposed to do or be insecure in what God has called me to. I want to trust that He will provide for the details if He has called me to something.

That doesn't mean that we will always have confidence I know but I want to have TRUST that God will be with me every step of the way. Zechariah 4:6 "Not by might, nor by power but by my Spirit, saith the Lord." and 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

2 comments:

Dana said...

The "30s" thing was true for me too. I think part of the change in confidence & knowing yourself is in the decade of experience behind you. You've seen God's faithfulness, seen his wisdom, experienced some failure & humility, all of it comes around and seems to hit you at the 30-yr mark. I think it just takes us that long to start figuring out who God is making us to be!

Dana said...

By the way, I really like your blog. I almost picked out that same background! :)