Potty training is certainly an adventure. I never thought the words "Poop Party" would come out of my mouth together but when you are trying to convince an independent 2 year old that she needs to start going on the toilet you have to come up with some interesting incentives. :) Yesterday was a break through day for us. Jocee wore panties all day long and went on the toilet the whole day! My favorite quote is: "Don't get in here Mom. Cause I need space. I need space Mom." She is definitely independent and has been going sporadically on the toilet for a long time but it has always had to be her idea to go.
The potty trained child will be a different experience for me. I can already tell that my independence will be more limited at times like when I was garage saling with the girls last week and we had to rush to Daddy's office so Jocelyn could go potty. Or when we went 2 1/2 miles from the house to watch Daddy rope and I had to tote a potty chair along with us and yes, she did need it. I just hope that I can remember to take it with us when we might need it! To a new stage in life, at least for one of our kids! We are far from being finished with the diaper stage right now but are looking forward to only buying diapers for one child! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment