Jocelyn took her first steps on Sunday night! Hooray! It was so much fun. I held her and pointed her in Daddy's direction first. She went back and forth between mom and dad. So much fun to see her grow up but sad too. The most she has taken is 5 steps but usually it is 2 or 3 before she falls one way and we have to catch her.
I am weaning her off of breast feeding. Tougher than I thought it would be. I am still feeding her once a day and am hoping to continue doing that for a while. We will see. That is the only snuggle time I get since she is getting more active.
I had parent teacher conferences this week and was gone for 2 evenings in a row. I missed Jocelyn so much and when I got home I had to have some snuggle time. Levi kept her up a little bit on Wednesday night. Thursday night she woke up crying and of course I broke the rules and went in and rocked her back to sleep. I am going to miss the cuddles when she gets bigger!
Jocelyn turns one on Monday! She is having her birthday party on Saturday. Hopefully Mommy can keep dry eyes through this turning one process.
I leave her for the first time tonight for a women's retreat. I leave at 5ish and get back tomorrow at 1ish. So not leaving for a huge chunk of time BUT it is overnight! Small steps....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment