Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My New Years Resolutions alittle bit late.... (Influenced by my recent dentist appt)

I had a rough day yesterday at the dentist. I found out I need to have some cavities filled to the tune of 1400 dollars! Times like this make me glad that I have found Dave Ramsey and am debt free except the house. I can't imagine having car payments and such AND having a bill at the dentist this large. I would probably be panicked instead of just sad that I am spending money on my teeth instead of buying something fun or saving for some future purchase. I was also informed that I have to take better care of my gums. I researched on the internet after my dentist appointment and found that stress can do a real number on your gums. I am definitely stressed, so yesterday I decided to make some real changes to my routine. I knew I should be exercising but I had chosen to catch up on sleep while Jocee was napping. Now I have chosen to hit the treadmill. The only thing I haven't figured out is what to do on the days when I am working. I want to stay disciplined and walk but haven't decided if I should do that after work or make myself get up at 5:30 am..... Any suggestions???? Another habit I need to break is my pop fix. I have been having a pop a day but I am not a chug it and leave it gal. I sip on it which is VERY bad for your teeth. So I am going to have to say good-bye to my Diet Dr. Pepper :( A small thing in the whole scope of my life but right now that was my stress reliever and I get to replace it with exercise! It is kinda hard to retrain your brain that exercise is a treat....

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Try the "10 Minute Solution" Pilates DVDs. I like the "Rapid Results" dvd the best... it's broken down into 10 minute workouts, great if you are short on time, and is both energizing and relaxing.

Try trading out your Diet DP (my favorite also) for a cup of "Calm" tea by Tazo. It's caffeine free, light colored, and very soothing.

Sorry to hear about your teeth/your stress! Take care of yourself... love you!

Dana said...

Bummer Julie!

My suggestion to you was going to be pilates too! Less time requirement. Getting up at 5:30 doesn't say "stress relief" to me, but then again, you know the night owl that I am. :)

I know you can cut out the soda, cause if I can quit coffee, I know you can quit Diet DP!

Love ya.