Tuesday, April 7, 2009

God will meet our needs.

God is soooo good. He has answered my prayer through His word. I had been praying about my stress lately and asking Him to help me manage the stress better. Then I read Matthew 6:25-34. Vs 33-34 says "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I am amazed at the simplicity. I need to SEEK him and He will take care of me. What do I have to be anxious about? God, my God will care for my family.

Did you know that a high percentage of what we worry about never comes to pass? That means we are spending alot of time worrying about what might happen, the what ifs. Those what ifs are robbing us of the present moments. Do I believe we should plan ahead? Yes, we need to plan so we can care for our family. We need to be wise managers or stewards of our finances and our time. We need to be faithful to what God has called us to and what God has given us charge of but we do not need to worry. Worry is actually a sin, we are telling God that we don't trust Him to care for our future. WOW! I don't want to be guilty of thinking God can't take care of my family. God is faithful, God is good, God is all knowing, God is all powerful, God is mighty, God is strong, God is loving, God is aware of me and my needs. God does not always give us our wants. We will have times of sacrifice and times of struggle. He uses those times to draw us near to Him. So in this time of economic hardship are you choosing to trust that God will provide and drawing near to Him or are you choosing to try and carry the load on your own shoulders? Think about it...your shoulders or God's infinite strength....Hmm...I choose God. How about you?

No comments: