Monday, July 27, 2009

A Sonographers Wife

There are a lot of wonderful benefits to being married to my husband but one of which is the fact that we can peek at our baby more frequently than most people can. We got to do that last week during week 12. I had Jocelyn sitting on my legs facing the screen while Levi took the ultrasound. It lasted about 5 minutes which is a long time in a toddler's mind but Jocelyn did great. She talked about seeing the baby and I think has a better understanding that Mommy really does have a baby in her tummy and that Daddy has a special camera so we can see the baby in Mommy's tummy. She got to see her brother or sister wave his/her hand and open his/her mouth and kick his or her legs. It was alot of fun to see that through a toddler's eyes.
God is definitely preparing her to become a big sister. She loves the newborn baby at church and wants to hold him. She is becoming quite attached to her dolls and feeding them bottles. At the zoo today she wanted to push the stroller of a friend's child. She will be a great big sister, maybe alittle bossy but I think that comes with the job description! :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Aww, such a sweet moment, seeing the baby! I'm looking forward to seeing her be a big sis.